[BlueOnyx:02070] disk usage stopped calculating

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Aug 12 15:00:42 -05 2009

Preface:  This is a customer machine.   The user, as root, performed a
"chown -R root *" at some point, changing ownership apparently of
everything in /home/sites/

We have restored correct ownership for websites and users so that email
works and websites appear.

However, now the quota does not seem to calculate. Or put more
accurately, it cannot be seen.   Going to Server Management > Usage
Information > Disk, the Summary screen shows current consumption.
However, the Sites and All Users tabs both show only "0 Entries" and
"This list is currently empty."

Some of the customer's users are getting over-quota messages, but that
cannot be verified.

Are there ideas on where I should look first for this customer?   He's
getting clobbered by his users.

PS... I recommend that you don't do what he did.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services