[BlueOnyx:02117] Re: BlueQuartz management GUI seems to have lost all configurations

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Aug 14 12:02:56 -05 2009

Hi Chuck,

> We've had a BlueQuartz server do something I've never seen before.  It
> seems to have totally lost its knowledge of its configuration - like the
> CODB has completely disappeared!

Oh-oh. :o/

> If you try to access the management webpage - you get the initial "Welcome"
> page as if it were a brand-new BlueQuartz install.  Its like I just
> installed BlueQuartz on the server and its waiting to be set up.  But all
> the sites/domains that were on the box are still working?  Its serving up
> their webpages and processing their e-mail.  Weird!?!?!

Yeah, that's bad. The welcome pages shows up if the database field
"isLicenseAccepted" is not set to "1" in the CODB Object "System".

> I'm leery of pressing the "START" button on that welcome page - I'm afraid
> it will make things worse and the sites on that server will stop working.

Typically pressing "Start" and going through the initial web based wizard has
no adverse side effects.

In fact you should do either that soonest - or manually set
"isLicenseAccepted" to "1" in the System object. Otherwise anyone happening to
stop by at the GUI can change the admin password and/or change the network
settings.

Do this:

As root run this command:

/usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient

Then in the CSCP shell type this (exactly as shown - capitalization is
important):

find System

It should report back the object ID of the class "System". It's often object
ID 1, but can also be something else.

If it is 1, then type:

get 1

(Or change the number to the one it reported)

The output should look similar to this:

102 DATA productBuild = "5102R"
102 DATA NAMESPACE = ""
102 DATA productIdentity = "20071210"
102 DATA CLASSVER = "1.2"
102 DATA isRegistered = "0"
102 DATA CLASS = "System"
102 DATA gateway = "[HIDDEN]"
102 DATA serialNumber = ""
102 DATA domainname = "[HIDDEN]"
102 DATA productName = "BlueQuartz 5100R"
102 DATA productBuildString = "build 20071210 for a 5102R in en_US"
102 DATA isLicenseAccepted = "1"
102 DATA OID = "3"
102 DATA productLanguage = "de_DE"
102 DATA productSerialNumber = ""
102 DATA console = "1"
102 DATA productVendor = ""
102 DATA dns = "&[HIDDEN]&"
102 DATA hostname = "[HIDDEN]"
102 DATA locales = "&en&de_DE&da_DK&ja&"

If you want to change the value for "isLicenseAccepted" to "1", do this:

set 1 isLicenseAccepted = "1"

The first 1 of course should match the object ID of your "System" object.

The try to access the GUI again and see if it still shows the wizard. Don't
reload the page - go to http//<IP>/login instead.

You should then see the regular login page again. Once logged in, the sites
should be visible, too.

> I thought that I'd just back them up with cmuExport and reload - no such
> luck.  The cmuExport utility doens't see any sites and won't export/backup
> the sites on the server.

That sounds like the "System" Object is entirely toasted. See if a "service
cced.init restart" brings it back.

> So the only option is a TAR backup, and manual
> reinstall after reloading.  YUCK!  Lots of work involved with that.

:o/

> Has anyone seen this before?  Any idea how to help the system find its
> configuration again??

If you want, I can take a look. Drop me a line offlist or contact me through
the phone number shown upper righthand side on solarspeed.net.