[BlueOnyx:02137] Re: Remove SSL Cert From Virtual Site

Phil Hamer phil at magma-group.co.uk
Sun Aug 16 15:45:59 -05 2009

I moved the certs directory from /home/sites/www,somedomain.com/certs and
all seems well.

I found an old post on a bluequartz site that said the gui will still
display the old cert details even if its missing.

Creating a new certificate in the gui will create new files and then display
the new one in the gui.

I tried a GoDaddy SSL certificate again this morning and could not get it to
work at all.

The signing request downloaded from the GUI with FireFox but not with
explorer.

I sent the signing request off to GoDaddy and eventually got the certificate
back a while later.

I then spent a few hours trying to import it and manually install it but it
would not work.

The Gui just would not import the file. In the end I tried every possible
certificate format I could download in frustration but still no good.

Viewing the cert on a pc it looked ok but I gave up in the end.

I emailed them for help but revoked the certificate in the end before the
laptop went over the living room.

I was reading through some previous posts on this forum regarding
rapidssl.com.

This afternoon I sent the sign request to rapidssl via there site.

After a few basic options and address details I entered the sign request
code and sent it.

A few minutes later I had the signed certificate details back in an email.

I made a file on my pc called certificate, pasted in the contents then
uploaded via the gui with firefox.

Worked and imported first time.

Wow, what a day.