[BlueOnyx:02181] Re: HTTP Redirects

Charles Bowman charlesbowman at wknet.co.uk
Sun Aug 23 14:01:00 -05 2009

A few questions:

1. What does the log say? (/var/log/httpd/error_log)
2. Is HTACCESS enabled for the site in question: Log in to the web GUI as
admin: Network Services --> Web
3. Is the .HTACCESS file in the root of the public website.
4. Permissions of the HTACCESS file or the destination file - make sure not
root or admin - should be the superuser of the site.
5. Is the destination file dynamic? I know it says "*.html", but is this
being processed by PHP (can be defined HTACCESS or config changes)? If so
then you need to use RewriteEngine:
i.e.
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule (.*) /error.php
6. Try other tests: i.e. (if file not found, then include "/blah.html")
ErrorDocument 404 /blah.html

Post back the problem, it may help others...