[BlueOnyx:02224] Re: No gui after CD install

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Aug 26 13:54:11 -05 2009

robb kinnin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the tips...
>
> A few things...   The ps aux cmd revealed this:
>
> [root at mailadmin ~]# ps aux | grep admserv
> root      6123  0.0  0.0   3912   668 pts/0    R+   10:27   0:00 grep
> admserv
>

> I checked the init.d directory and the file is not there.  Of course, if I
> try a "restart" I get an error...as well as when I try a "stop".
>
> Any thoughts?

Ouch, Robb... I would NOT trust this installation.  I wouldn't even try
and repair it.   You'll save a lot of time by just re-imaging.
Something in your install failed the first time around.  Make sure that
you have a known-good CD (and drive... we beat a machine up for 4 hours
one time until getting the bright idea to just swap the drive...)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services