[BlueOnyx:02249] /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/preview - carriage returns injected after editing web hosts

Charles Bowman charlesbowman at wknet.co.uk
Sat Aug 29 11:58:29 -05 2009

The file /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/preview
is behaving badly.

Whenever making any domain changes; the file (above) has carriage returns
added before the port 80, like so (snippet):
# /etc/httpd/conf/vhost/preview
NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.254
:80
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.254
:80>
ServerName www.svr2.com

This is only noticed after 0400am, when the httpd is automatically restarted
and then fails to load.

I have grepped the heck out of [both] the servers in a bid to find where
this is sourced from and I can find no extra CRs anywhere.

Can anyone tell me where the IP comes from that is used to populate this
"preview" file?

PS - This only started after I changed the IP address of both the machines
(only one IP is used per machine).

Thanks,
Charles