[BlueOnyx:02264] Re: BlueQuartz to BlueOnyx

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sun Aug 30 11:50:59 -05 2009

Jimmy Gross wrote:
> Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I had to use last weeks BlueQuartz
> backup to migrate the site as I could not load the 2.81 CMU because me
> servers had drives are stuck in Read Only Mode due to a crashed server.
> So, I have the site and user files over on the new Blue Onyx.
>
> It looks like I am going to have to do some work to get everything up
> and running.

Hi Jimmy,
I hope you've made some progress.   Actually, the process should not be
all that difficult if you've got a good backup (ie: from raqbackup.sh or
similar).   The data should import with relative ease.  We've handled
quite a few BQ->BX migrations which have gone very well.

Of course, if you didn't have a good backup and are having to manually
restore, that can be painful.  I wish you the best!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services