[BlueOnyx:00457] Support - Post Brian Smith?

lists at odea.net lists at odea.net
Sun Feb 8 10:49:33 -05 2009

Hello everyone

(Sorry in advance for posting a question not directly related to Blue Onyx)

I'm wondering if anyone could offer support for a Linux novice using Blue
Quartz (and working towards Blue Onyx).  I expect to pay for assistance, and
I'm very happy to do so.

In the past, I have found Brian Smith to be excellent, but he is no longer
an option.  Michael from Solarspeed is always helpful, and provides detailed
advice.  However, he is clearly very busy.  It can take days or weeks to get
a response to email which is often okay; but at other times the issue is
more urgent.

I have a server at the moment that is freezing once or twice in each 24 hour
period, and I don't know where to go. It is on 8 month old hardware.  The
issue started after a dirty shutdown (at about 3:00 am, 5 days ago, when the
log files were updating, etc.) following a UPS failure during an unplanned
power outage.  (We've had serious heat and fire issues in AU over the past 3
weeks; hundreds of people have died; and the power has been unreliable.)

I'd be grateful if anyone who could help me; could you please email me off
list.

Thanks so much.

Shane