[BlueOnyx:00568] Re: Brian type permissions question..

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Feb 18 16:00:50 -05 2009

Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hence we may go another route here: Add a checkbox to the GUI where the
> siteAdmin user (or higher)  can toggle all files and folders of the webspace
> back and forth between being owned by siteAdmin and/or Apache.
>
> If done that way you could simply upload something by FTP and then toggle that
> checkbox in the GUI and everything will be chown'ed in a fashion that your PHP
> script is happy.

That would be a neat trick.
If it could also be implemented with some sort of file manager, that
would be really nice.  (Not sure why, but some of our customers really
prefer a web-based file manager to using an FTP client.)

Something like: http://www.solitude.dk/filethingie/tour

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services