[BlueOnyx:00588] Re: Error on user password change

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 19 17:08:04 -05 2009

Hi Chris,

> A user brought this to my attention:  the server admin logs into BX, and
> edits a site user to change the site user's password.  New password is
> entered, click save, and then BlueOnyx returns to the User List and
> displays this message in red at the bottom of the screen:
>
> Sorry, the data entered in the field enabled is invalid. Please check
> your input and try again.
>
> But then we check the account with a manual POP3 test using the new
> password and it works fine.
>
> No errors show up in adm_error log.
>
> Any ideas on this one?

That's probably a site that came aboard through CMU, right? With that I mean:
It wasn't manually created through the GUI, but imported through CMU.

If that's the case, do this:

Go to the subdomain management of that site. Enable subdomains for that site,
hit save. Then turn it off again and hit save. Afterwards the mentioned error
message goes away.

This bug is a bit of an anoyance and I'm currently looking into it. Either
need to retouch the subdomain management, or need to fiddle with the platform
specific scripts of CMU to sort it out permanently.