[BlueOnyx:00643] Re: Temperature sensors

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Tue Feb 24 19:00:37 -05 2009

>> How would one find out if the sensors are being recognized?
>
> normally just running /usr/bin/sensors
>
> However that depends on your motherboard model and what kernel modules you have
> loaded.

Usually you have to run /usr/sbin/sensors-detect first in order to set
things up, it will guide you through the probing of all the interfaces
that sensors usually hang off.  If anything is found it then suggests
the modules that should be loaded by the kernel and even changes all the
files for you.

While /usr/sbin/sensors-detect looks horribly complex you can uasually
accept all the defaults.

Support is very much based on the motherboard you are using, YMMV
greatly between systems.

Remember to turn off LCAP if your using it while setting all this up, I
don't know of this is in BX by default now but it;s certainly in some of
the aftermarket security packages.

Dan