[BlueOnyx] Mirroring ISO's and yum repository

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Jan 3 20:26:08 -05 2009

Hi Dan,

> Does BlueOnyx need any more public mirrors?

We currently have six mirrors - three in the US and three in Germany. More are
of course welcome and a better regional split would also be very desired.

> If so do you have any requirements?

The mirror should be reasonably well connected and should provide around 5
Gigs of storage space (current size of the repository is 1.5 Gigs, the ISO's
being the largest files at around 650 MB). The mirror should update at least
bi-daily.

> How may I grab a mirror of the ISO's and yum repository?

That's explained on http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/ :

rsync -rlptDqzH --delete devel.blueonyx.it::pub /your/path/

As the ISO's reside inside that path they'll then get mirrored, too.

If you set up a mirror and want to make it public, then please post the URL
here (once it's set up) and I'll add it to the list of mirrors.

Many thanks!