[BlueOnyx:00029] Observations

Doug Harvey dwh1958 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 13:04:31 -05 2009

Guys. First, let me say "Thank You" for all the work you put into this. It's
good to see this improvement.

Couple of things I've noticed are:

Passwords: If I use a password that has one letter and six numbers, the
system reports that it is a strong password. If I use a password that has
letters, symbols (i.e. % or &) and numbers, the system reports that the
password is to weak and will not use it.

The ftp server. I've followed what others have said about it and am still
not able to get it to start.

The dns server does not start or run.

I was not able to get the sql server to connect from the gui till I
installed webmin, logged into it, changed the password for root and then was
able to get it to connect in the gui.

Hardware being used: Compaq DL-360, dual p-3, 2 gig memory, mirrored 73gig
scsi on the internal cpqarray.

Doug