[BlueOnyx:00052] Re: blueonyx on vmware

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jan 6 12:01:45 -05 2009

Hi Jeff,

> I was unable to install blueonyx on VMware server 1.0.x, I'm assuming
> because VMware Server 1.0.X doesn't have support for CentOS 5.  But it did
> install fine on VMware Server 2.0.  (I have NOT tried installed VMware
> Tools yet).  I hope to try ESX later today.
>

> Has anybody else tried blueonyx on any VMware platforms, including getting
> VMware Tools installed?

I'm using a somewhat outdated build of the "VMware server console". It doesn't
even have RHEL5 (or CentOS5) as "Guest OS". I just set it to RHEL4 (or "Other
Linux, 2.6 Kernel" works as well) and then it works out of the box with
simulated SCSI drives.

Can't even specify the controller in my build of VMware, but Steve's
suggesting rings a bell, as I have heard about that before. So yeah, if it
lets you pick the controller, choose the non-default one.