[BlueOnyx:00113] Re: Raid issue

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jan 12 12:55:05 -05 2009

Hi Rodrigo,

> We Installed Blueonyx as soon as it was released,
>
> We issued these commands
> yum install raid-bins
> /etc/init.d/cced.init restart
> /usr/sbin/swatch
>

> But there is no Raid Status Light the  Active Monitor.
>
> Any other commands to update  Yum update reads there nothing more to update

Ok, just to be sure try this:

yum install base-raid-capstone base-raid-locale-*

See if that grabs whatever is missing. If it fetches the base-raid* RPMs, then
run this commands afterwards:

/etc/init.d/cced.init restart
/etc/init.d/admserv restart
/usr/sbin/swatch

Then log out of the GUI, log back in and under "Active Monitor" you should be
able to see the RAID status.

This issue was fixed on the BlueOnyx ISO BlueOnyx-5.2-20090107.iso, but I
couldn't force an install of it through YUM, as that would cause collisions
with virtualized BlueOnyx installs where base-raid is not needed.