[BlueOnyx:00122] Re: Various issues wirh BlueOnyx

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jan 12 13:20:12 -05 2009

Hi Tom,

> > Meh. I though I had fixed that already. Do a "rm /tmp/yum.check-
> > update" for now to get rid of that. I'll give that code another touch up.
>
> right, now permissions are 444

Yeah. I'll publish an update for that in a few minutes.

> the user "root" has a .my.conf Files with the DB-Password in the
> [client] section?¿

Hm? Now *that* doesn't sound right. BlueOnyx doesn't make any modification to
the /etc/my.cnf file, nor does it store the MySQL access details anywhere
outside of the CODB database.

> >> And mod-php instead of fcgid and suexec for php
> >

> my experience is, that with mod_fcgid I take a little longer the first
> time to load, but execution-time is nearly the same...

Indeed? Well, typically these load times are also an issue. If you have a
dynamic web page where just one script serves all content (different content,
based on the query strings), then this may be somewhat acceptable. But I'm
not so sure if these load times wouldn't alienate some users. Let's give this
somewhat more thought, experiement with it and if its benefits indeed
outweight the drawbacks, then we can think about implementing it.

> But I like the idea that every site has its own user: Upload as
> siteadmin1 and run php as user "apache" results in files and directory
> with 666 oder 777 (the normal stupid user sets x even on normal
> documents)

True. That's the same old (sad) story. :o/

> The guys from typo3 think, that fcgid is even fast as mod_php
>
> http://typo3.org/development/articles/using-php-with-mod-fcgid/page/2/
> The thing about the mpm-worker is a very important argument in times
> of 8-way and more computers

I'll give it a look, promised. Thanks for the input!