[BlueOnyx:00156] Re: Two users, two sites, same username

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Jan 13 15:18:40 -05 2009

Abadata - Jay Vaagen wrote:
> We have customers wanting a username that’s already taken at a different
> virtual site.
>
> It’s currently impossible to have two users with the same username, in
> different sites…Am I correct?

You're correct.

The practiced work-around that we use in this case is to create an
alternate username for the 2nd user (first come, first served you know!)
  and then alias the desired name for email purposes.

In 12+ years, we haven't encountered any *serious* objection.  YMMV...

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services