[BlueOnyx:00280] Re: Questions about BlueOnyx...

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Sat Jan 17 12:18:57 -05 2009

What do you recommend someone doing if they have that arrangement?  Changing
the name of the machine and then performing the export?  Or changing the
name of the first site?

> CMU between BlueQuartz and BlueOnyx works just fine.

When you CMUexport, where does the files go?  Would it be easier to
RaqBackup to the new machine and then restore that?

> > 1. Majordomo.  What is the status of BO's Majordomo installation as
> > migrated/adopted from BQ?  I have an operating Majordomo on my box and
> > do not want to lose it.
>
> CMU takes care of that.

Still doesn't answer the question of what is the status of BO's Majordomo.
Was it changed, left as is, will it import the old to the new?  I assume CMU
will move the Majordomo lists, settings, etc., but has the product changed
at all since the original BQ implementation?

> AWStats 6.5 is quite outdated. You should grab a more recent copy
> somewhere. No idea if that PKG will work on BlueOnyx, as I don't know how
> it was built.

This isn't mission critical but would be nice.  I changed mine around to
store the output in the root web directory.

> No idea if that will work. I know that PKG, but would rather not like to
> comment on it. I'll have an OpenWebmail PKG for BlueOnyx ready in a few
> days.

Good to know.

> That Zend Optimizer version already has gathered a lot of dust. It may not
> work - not sure there. Might be worth a try. However, installing Zend
> Optimizer from the command line is fairly easy. However, it typically will
> conflict with the IonCube Loader which is already built into BlueOnyx.
> Unless IonCube is loaded prior to Zend Optimizer. So it may be a good idea
> if I include Zend by default in BlueOnyx. Need to check their license
> again to see if that's an option. If so, it'll be included soonish.

I think it would be good to have Zend as a lot of various software seems to
look for it in a favorable manner.

> At the moment there is no GUI to integrate ChiliSoft ASP into BlueOnyx,
> but the server side "stuff" of it that can be downloaded at the Sun
> website should work. I'll be looking into ASP soonish to make it available
> in one form or another for BlueOnyx.

I wonder if anyone is really using it.  I remember my install, starting off
with the basic installer Brian had, and then messing around and updating it
with various components, searching for old RaQ license keys to do that, etc.
It would be nice to have in the event someone wanted to run ASP on a BO, but
wouldn't be the end of the world.

> No! Frontpage support for Linux was discontinued by Mircosoft a couple of
> years ago. And the old Linux sources for Frontpage don't work with Apache-
> 2.2 anymore. Even if they would, the licensing would not permit using it
> anymore. So Frontpage support is dead and it won't come back.

Interesting.  And I suppose FrontPage usage has discontinued or at least
waned as well?

Michael, what is the status of the comment that an upgrade procedure is
forthcoming?  While an upgrade is tricky and convoluted, I think people want
to know there is some formalized process before they begin.

Also, Michael, can you comment on what the impact of Brian's departure will
have on the BO project?  I know a lot of people were/are excited to see
something happen with the old BQ project, but with Brian's departure, wonder
if the time is right for a fork off BQ.  In other words, wouldn't this be a
good time to partner back up with Hisao and label this project BQ for CentOS
5?