[BlueOnyx:00291] Re: Webmail issues

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jan 18 21:44:11 -05 2009

Hi Steve,

> I'm having the same problem that Christian was originally having and spent
> quite a bit of time looking at the opendir related files last night (the
> httpd error files all point to opendir violations).  The only thing in the
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf file currently is an alias command:

> #
> # SquirrelMail is a webmail package written in PHP.
> #
>
> Alias /webmail /usr/share/squirrelmail

> (this is the entire file)
>
> If there is something that is supposed to be in there, I suspect it has
> been corrupted on the yum server.  I yum uninstalled and reinstalled last
> night and had the same result.  Permissions all seem to be ok though.

Yeah, there we got the problem - good catch!

The files /etc/httpd/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf and
/etc/admserv/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf ought to be identical and your
/etc/httpd/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf is missing a couple of lines.

It should read like this:

#
# SquirrelMail is a webmail package written in PHP.
#

Alias /webmail /usr/share/squirrelmail

<Directory /usr/share/squirrelmail/>
php_admin_value safe_mode off
php_admin_value open_basedir
/home/:/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/usr/share/squirrelmail/:/etc/squirrelmail/:/var/spool/squirrelmail/:/var/lib/squirrelmail/prefs/
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
</Directory>
<Directory /var/lib/squirrelmail/prefs/>
php_admin_value safe_mode off
php_admin_value open_basedir
/home/:/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/usr/share/squirrelmail/:/etc/squirrelmail/:/var/spool/squirrelmail/:/var/lib/squirrelmail/prefs/
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

There indeed was a Squirrelmail update (14th January) which may have caused
that your /etc/httpd/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf got rolled back to a default
one.

I'll sort this out with an update that I'm going to publish in a few moments.