[BlueOnyx:00300] Customers unable to use mail services

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Mon Jan 19 12:15:14 -05 2009

Hi all,

Have not yet upgraded to BlueOnyx, planning to as soon as time allows and I can test it out.

Until then, we have a NuOnce BlueCentOS server that is experiencing the "check pass; user unknown" and "PAM_pwdb[22983]: get passwd; pwdb: structure
is no longer valid" errors.  The fix, according to Google, was at http://www.nuonce.net/bq-howto.php?action=view&id=23... which is no longer in
existence. I realize that this is a mailing list for BlueOnyx, and I apologize for the off-topic post, but this seems to be where the expertise for
BlueCentOS has moved to since the other list is off-air.

Does anyone have an answer for this?  We have a couple of those really impatient customers that are nasty if things don't go perfectly right on this
server, and we had to reboot it twice last week to get this problem solved.  Unfortunately, we don't find out about the problem until they are upset
and worked into a frenzy.

TIA,

Alex