[BlueOnyx:00307] Re: Customers unable to use mail services

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Mon Jan 19 14:21:20 -05 2009

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> Is dbrecover running?
>
> # service dbrecover status
>
> What I would do is:
> # service dbrecover stop
> # service dbrecover start
> # service xinetd restart
> # service dovecot restart

Hi Chris,

"service dbrecover status" returns "Usage: dbrecover {start|stop}".  However, "ps aux | grep dbrecover" shows no processes running.  At least, not
right now.  So the question is, should dbrecover be running constantly, and is that why my db is corrupting and requires a reboot every so often?

Also, from your other post:

 > I would not be surprised to see the BX list become pretty active for all
 > flavors of BlueCentOS (nice generic term there, Alex!)

I just want to clarify that BlueCentOS is *not* my term... I don't want to be accused of plagerism!  :) I am almost certain that it was used by NuOnce
for their product, at least at one time in the past.  I thought it was very clever of them, and was a good, descriptive name.  Oh, and BX is a good
shortcut for BlueOnyx, I'm gonna use that lots.

Alex