[BlueOnyx:00364] Re: Customers unable to use mail services

Rickard Osser rickard.osser at bluapp.com
Fri Jan 23 09:39:20 -05 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 15:30 +0100, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> > In the long term, I am thinking of doing some code development to create
> > a new bluelink system that backends to a database for package
> > updates....  I can dream :)
>
> Uuuh. You're still using / providing stuff through BlueLinQ? I only left it in
> BlueOnyx as an afterthought. Initially I wanted to entirely do away with it.
> :p
Hi Michael,

there might be reasons to keep BlueLinQ...
Even though most stuff is fine to automatically update through yum there
are sometime certain conditions that make it undesirable.

Example: If you provide a third-party application built on top of
Sausalito that must not be updated automatically, but the rest of the
system can and should be.

Best regards,
--
Rickard Osser <rickard.osser at bluapp.com>