[BlueOnyx:00394] Re: phpmyadmin not working?

Rickard Osser rickard.osser at bluapp.com
Tue Jan 27 14:14:43 -05 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 10:41 +0100, Rickard Osser wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 09:45 +0100, Taco Scargo wrote:
> > Hi Rickard,
> >
> > > I've solved the issue of using autologin. There is an auth-method
> > > that can be used in phpMyAdmin called signon. Using that and an auto-
> > > form from the BQ/BO gui will get you logged in, if the credentials
> > > are wrong you will be presented with a logon-form. I'll create a
> > > sausalito version that will do the trick.
> >
> > That is great ! Looking forward to the commit :)
> >
> > > This also means changing
> > > the /etc/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php to use signon instead of the http
> > > method which in my view actually is a very ugly way to incorporate
> > > authentication into sausalito.
> >
> > I agree.
> >
> > > PS! Anybody got some good code for creating an invisible submit button?
> > Ehmmm... none ? And then calling formname.submit() in javascript in the onload
> > javascript handler/hook ?
> >
> > BOX needs JS anyway, so it does not matter if JS is turned off, BOX admin
> > panel will not work anyway.
> >
> Hi Taco,
>
> I do have a test-version running with javacript but it still shows a
> blinking button... I was hoping on not having to "show" anything if it's
> redirected correctly with authentication.

Ok!

I've solved the blinking button, I've also added a sausalito look to the
login-page. I've got two minor issues left.

First issue:
As the admin-user you won't be able to log out of phpmyadmin, you will
be thrown back in again if you click on the logout link in phpmyadmin.
Is this behavior desirable? If not, what should happend?

Second issue:
Now that phpmyadmin is integrated into sausalito, what should happen
with the link /phpmyadmin? As it is it doesn't work. I might find a way
to fix it but I don't know, because the login/signon is tied to the GUI
which means sausalito should be fully enabled for it to work and the
user should be logged in. We could always tie /phpmyadmin to /login and
force the user to log in to the system before being able to access
phpmyadmin?

Regards,

Rickard