[BlueOnyx:00415] Re: Cold Fusion Support for BX

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 29 03:31:57 -05 2009

Hi Tony,

> Is there support for Cold Fusion install / support for the BX Box?

Not as of yet. I know for BlueQuartz there was a free PKG that installed
ColdFusion 5. However, that will not work on BlueOnyx due to the different
Apache version.

I just checked the specs at the Adobe website. ColdFusion 8 appears to be the
latest version.

Based on http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/systemreqs/ it should run
just fine on BlueOnyx.

A quick Google search turned up some install instructions for CF8 on Linux and
it appears to be pretty straightforward:

http://gayanonline.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-to-install-coldfusion-8-on-
linux.html

If there is a reasonable demand for it we may want to integrate it into
BlueOnyx in the somewhat longer haul, although I do have to check the
licensing terms to see if there is anything in it that would speak against it.