[BlueOnyx:01170] BlueOnyx UK distribution (suggestion)

Kevin Grant kevinpgrant at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 2 16:02:02 -05 2009

Hello all.

I have created the BlueOnyx torrent files and made them publicly available.

http://nevynsblog.co.uk/2009/04/blueonyx-linux-download-torrent.html

Please redistribute and promote freely - The six .torrents themselves are only 25Kb each. Even if you do not wish to seed the torrents, you may publish the URL above, or even redistribute the six torrent files themselves from your own sites - the tracker will take care of connecting the peers to the available seeders =)

I have also contacted several NSP's about the possibilty of hosting a UK YUM repository, something I had originally overlooked.

Unfortunately so far, I am still looking for a package which provides sufficient capacity both in terms of storage and bandwidth, at a reasonable price (easy if you go outside the UK, but totally missing the point!) It would help to know:

a) the size of the yum repository, and
b) the typical monthly bandwidth consumed, for updates and downloaders combined. This will help avoid excessive bandwitdh charges (buying too much up front, or going over quota and being charged incrementally)

Alternatively, does anybody here know a suitable UK hosting provider?

Kevin Grant | Web Developer
kevinpgrant at yahoo.co.uk