[BlueOnyx:01329] Re: Problem with phpMyAdmin

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu May 28 05:32:00 -05 2009

Hi George,

> I am recently having some problems with phpmyadmin. It worked some time
> after I got the server. But, I think after the first update, it doesen't
> work anymore.
> The first automatic update updated this:
>===== Package Arch Version Repository Size
>===== phpmyadmin noarch 2.11.9.5-1.el5.rf rpmforge 4.3 M
>
>   replacing phpMyAdmin.noarch 2.11.9.4-2.centos5
> Now, when I click the phpmyadmin link in the control panel, first it tries
> to load https://<ip>:81/base/phpmyadmin/signon.php, then a "File not found"
> error appears.

That phpMyAdmin that you have now is from rpmforge. Which is a repository
that's not used by default by BlueOnyx. Tying BlueOnyx into third party YUM
repositories is always problematic for various reasons - like this here.

So here are the two steps how you can get back "on track":

As "root" from SSH go to /etc/yum.repos.d/ and remove any third party YUM
repository file that's there. That should leave you with the following files
in /etc/yum.repos.d/:

BlueOnyx.repo
CentOS-Base.repo
CentOS-Media.repo
Solarspeed-BlueOnyx.repo

Then downgrade phpMyAdmin to the BlueOnyx version:

rpm -hUv --force --nodeps \
http://www.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5106R/CentOS5/blueonyx/i386/RPMS/phpMyAdmin-2.11.9.4-2.centos5.noarch.rpm

That should do the trick.