[BlueOnyx:02789] Re: Updating BX only to final Centos 5.3?

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Mon Nov 2 16:54:25 -05 2009

Ah no - that's OK - I didn't explain.

Yes I am using these in a VM - but alas not VMWare - but Virtual Iron.
Ever since Oracle bought/killed VI - well, the product is basically
entombed in a block of ice. 100's or VI customers are basically - well
Virtual Zombies.

So we're hanging on with VI for a long as we can - moving to a
different VM platform now is really not an option. We just have to
make do with what we have. I know 5.3 kernel is fine, I just don't
know about 5.4

Perhaps I should have a go and re-build the vitools from source again,
but that was a huge pain last time.

I would just rather leave it on 5.3....

Problem is that I have a number of servers on very old 5.3 kernels -
so it appears as if it's an all or nothing update type situation.

Cheers,

Jeff