[BlueOnyx:02800] Re: Question about CMU Import

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Nov 3 17:13:19 -05 2009

Darrell D. Mobley wrote:
> When you CMU import the results of raqbackup.sh into a new server, does it
> use that same numbering scheme?  I know the directory numbers will change,
> but does site1 stay site1 on the new install? If not, what criteria does it
> use for the order of sites?

No, you will get a new site numbering scheme.   One that is magically
(randomly) assigned.

My advice is to take scripts that reference the home directory for the
site and change to read the "friendly" symlink.
ie: /home/.sites/142/site4/web changes to /home/sites/www.domain.tld/web

That way, everything will work on the new box.   An appropriately placed
"grep -R" will help you out with that.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services