[BlueOnyx:02871] Re: raid 10

James james at slor.net
Thu Nov 12 21:27:10 -05 2009

I tried something to see what would happen not too long ago - I had an old
12-disk SCSI array that does NOT do hardware RAID that I hooked up to a
machine and let BO loose on it.  I was hoping, even though I expected it
would be slow, to get some sort of RAID0+1 config giving me a md device for
half of my total disk space.  Well, after it got all installed and booted
up, I found that the configuration it built was a single device the size of
a single drive, having 12 (yes, 12) mirrors of the same data.  Guess that
wasn't really an intended hardware setup... :)

James