[BlueOnyx:02890] Re: how to receive an error msg "No such user here"

Eiji Hamano (bluequartz) bluequartz at hypersys.ne.jp
Tue Nov 17 11:42:49 -05 2009

>> > He has to use the username for pop3 / smtp login setup in his email
>> > client, but should be able to use the alias as a reply-to and as his
>> > email address.
>> >
>> > Gerald
>>

>> Dear  Gerald ;
>>
>> Yes,  he uses  the username for pop3 / smtp in his email client.
>> And he uses the alias as his email address,  he desn't use reply-to
>> address.
>>
>> Because;
>>
>> How does he receive the error msg  with using  alias as his email address
>> ?
>>
>> Eiji Hamano
>>

> I assume that regular mail gets to him OK using the alias, but when the
> system sends email to the username, he does not get it,
>
> Is this user a site admin?
>
> Maybe try setting up email forwarding for the username to the alias
> name. Careful as there maybe repercussion's   See if that will work.
>
> Gerald

Dear Gerald ;

I  know the function "forwarding" and "mail list" of  BO.
However I don't think that they are helpful  in this problem.

Please imagine,  BO has multi sites  ( is equal multi companys ).
Each companys may  want to use sales at -----.com.
Then,  the companys have to send  emails with sales at -----.com
as their email address  in mail client.

How do "forwarding" and "mail list" solve this problem ?

Eiji Hamano