[BlueOnyx:02946] Suspected Ethernet problem with r8169 driver

User Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Wed Nov 25 20:13:13 -05 2009

I am having a strange problem with bueOnyx on an Intel Atom D945GCFL2
mini-itx board and the r8169 ethernet controller. It's a popular bord with
embeded CPU.

After a few days of normal operation the ethernet port start to take long
and longer to respond, up to 15sec, and start dropping packets etc. I reboot
the server and all is fine again. Top shows plenty of memory free and not
much CPU load. The same board works fine with FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE.

I am running the latest BlueOnlx update.

Anyone ele tried this board and not having the problem?

- Ernie.