[BlueOnyx:02959] Re: Installing BQ packages on BX...

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Nov 27 17:52:10 -05 2009

Darrell D. Mobley wrote:
> Two products from NuOnce were said to work find on BlueOnyx: AW Stats
> and Open Webmail.
>

> How do you get them to install?  When I try to install them through the
> GUI, it fails with an error about them not being made for this server
> applicance.

 From customer experience, NOT recommended.  Even once you install it,
there's just no guarantee it will continue to function.   Therefore, you
might check the regular vendors for new versions.   I strongly advise
our customers to not try and keep those old Nuonce versions running
anyhow, since who knows what kind of security nightmares unsupported and
unpatched software can bring to an otherwise well functioning system.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services