[BlueOnyx:02971] Re: Saving PHP settings

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Nov 28 12:32:31 -05 2009

Hi Colin,

> On our BX servers (Aventurin{e} VPS and standalone) site admins can see and
> change PHP settings like ‘Register Globals’ etc. Using a drop down but
> there is no save button which seems a bit odd.

Actually that is by intent. A siteAdmin shouldn't be able to change these
settings, as they affect the sever security. Only the admin of the server can
change these.

So the "save" button is not shown if a siteAdmin visits that page. Yeah, the
pullowns are still present, as changing them to text only fields for
siteAdmin's only would require like twice the code. So I took a little
shortcut there.