[BlueOnyx:02533] Re: kickstart file

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Oct 1 13:00:58 -05 2009

Anson Rinesmith wrote:
> I’ve searched the archive, but can’t find this issue.
>
> I downloaded and burned the most recent ISO from blueonyx.it.
>
> When it starts the download, whether I use small, self, or just hit
> enter, I get the error that it cannot download the kickstart file.
>
> The path it’s searching is cdrom:/ks/kickstart.cfg
>
> I checked the CD and the file is there, and in that directory.

Hi Anson,
You may have bad media.   Try burning a new CD and see if that helps the
situation for you.

Also... I've seen goofy stuff like this that was caused by a bad optical
drive.   We have half a shelf full of old CD/DVD-ROM drives here we keep
around in our parts cabinet "just in case".  Maybe worth looking into
for you.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services