[BlueOnyx:02580] Re: Cobalt RaQ 550 / BlueOnyx

Brian bmcewen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 06:03:51 -05 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Michael Stauber <mstauber at blueonyx.it> wrote:

> to CentOS4, so it ought to work. The only real downside is the fact that the
> Strongbolt kernel is (or will be) an unmaintained custom kernel. Means: No
> security fixes and no updates. And it already has (locally exploitable)
> security holes that you can drive a truck through.

You are referring to the known kernel exploits, fixed in recent kernel
updates?  Or to the cobalt patches?

2.6.30.5 diffs are available.  Put that together, that issue would at
least be out of the way.

I am also trying to decide what to do with my Qube3.  Ubuntu or Debian
are options, but it would be fun to keep it CentOS.