[BlueOnyx:02611] Re: No main menu after big YUM Update

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Oct 13 16:51:12 -05 2009

Hi David,

> Thanks for the help Michael, but alas that did not resolve it.  I still
> get the blank admin GUI after logging in (after restarting admserv).

Sorry, I made a mistake there when I quoted you the commands earlier. :o(

Please try again with these:

chmod 755 /usr/sausalito/ui/web/base/console/
chmod 644 /usr/sausalito/ui/web/base/console/*.php
chmod 755 /usr/sausalito/ui/menu/base/console/
chmod 644 /usr/sausalito/ui/menu/base/console/*.xml

Afterwards take another look at these two directories listed below:

ls -la /usr/sausalito/ui/web/base/
ls -la /usr/sausalito/ui/menu/base/

Make sure all the subdirectories within there have 755 permissions. And that
all files within these subdirectories have 644 permissions - with the
exception of this directory:

/usr/sausalito/ui/web/base/console/.logtail/

That intentionally contains a few files with "special" permissions.