[BlueOnyx:02638] Re: YUM updates available

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Oct 15 08:56:02 -05 2009

Hi Chris,

> I must tell you - this particular script is very attractive!   I cannot
> tell you how many times this would have been useful on the old BQ after
> CMU's.   :)

Yeah, that's where it actually came from. I threw it together after another
frustrating migration some months ago, where the aliasses of like 200 sites
were missing after a CMU-import. I didn't really feel like fixing them all
through the GUI (remove alias, save, paste alias back in, save).

The bug that causes the aliasses to be present in the database, but not being
in effect on the system level also exists to some degree in BlueOnyx. It
doesn't happen as often as on BlueQuartz, but unfortunately from time to time
it still seems to happen. For that cases it's good to have this script.