[BlueOnyx:02652] Re: User names

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Oct 15 13:06:25 -05 2009

Hi Darrell,

> Understandable.  But suppose you are a small company and the schema you
> used in the past for adding new sites/users is changing?  Maybe you've
> bought out a small web host and would like to fold their server into your
> existing naming schema.  Hindsight is great, but my foresight sucks.
>
> That's too bad, and also not a good reason really to do it, but for the
> price I paid for BQ/BX, how can I complain? ;-)

Yeah, BX would be twice as expensive if I added that.  Oh, wait ... never mind
... :o)

> Well, except you then have to go back in and do all of the stuff mentioned
> above by hand. <grin>

That's perhaps true and I can see that it could be something that would be
nice to have. I'll roll the thought around a bit while trying to figure out
how do do it without breaking anything. No promises, though, as it could very
well turn out to be a lot of effort for just a small and rarely used new
feature.