[BlueOnyx:02669] Re: Site and Users Permissions?

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Sat Oct 17 19:42:34 -05 2009

On Saturday 17 October 2009 18:44, Richard C. Barker Sr. wrote:
> I there a script that can be run to reset the site users permission
> correctly?
> My server seems to or some how the permissions are wrong and that seems
> to be the reason the emails
> are not forwarding.

ls  -l /home/sites/*/users/*/.forward
will give you the permissions for all the users .forward file
they look like;
permissions user-name  group
-rw-r--r--  1 user-name      users
permissions being set to 644

This one liner will set all users .forward to 644

for i in $( ls /home/sites/*/users/*/.forward );  do chmod 644 $i;  done

You might just run this one to see what they look like before
   ls -l /home/sites/*/users/*/.forward

PS: ran it on one of my servers and looked fine.

--
Gerald