[BlueOnyx:02756] Re: BO on raq550

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Oct 29 11:58:07 -05 2009

Steve Howes wrote:
> On 29 Oct 2009, at 12:53, george wrote:
>> performance is great, no error, no problems. :) 3 virtual sites up
>> and running
>> to test so far so good :)  my RaQ servers have a new lease of life  :)
>
> For now.... :P The proprietary hardware would put me off using them in
> production any more.

I don't disagree.   I think for the hobbyist, or somebody just having
fun with some personal sites, it's a neat way to recycle some old gear.

I can't imagine putting customer sites on hardware that old though.  The
only way I would consider it is if I happened to have piles of the
things sitting around and when one dies, just pop the drive in another
one.  Disposable servers!  :)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services