[BlueOnyx:02769] apache at host.domain problems

Roland Paton rolandpaton at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 06:52:11 -05 2009

Hi, I have an application that sends emails with the sender as being
apache at host.domain.com. Mostly I don't have a problem with this, but have 1
x Aussie ISP (TPG) that rejects these emails with the message that
apache at host.domain.com doesn't answer.

I use this host to send mail via smart relay to my main mail server, so I am
guessing that TPG are testing for relayed mail and not getting a vaild user
from the source.

When I send an email to apache at host.domain.com I get:

   (reason: Can't create output)

procmail: Lock failure on "/var/www/mbox.lock"
procmail: Error while writing to "/var/www/mbox"
550 5.0.0 ... Can't create output

------------------------------
Reporting-MTA: dns; mydns.domain.com.au
Received-From-MTA: DNS; mail.mydomain.com.au
Arrival-Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:58:07 +1100

Final-Recipient: RFC822; apache at host.mydomain.com.au
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Unix; 73
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:58:07 +1100

I thought of creating a user as apache, but of course that gets rejected.

Any ideas how I can get the box to acknowledge that
apache at host.domain.comexists?