[BlueOnyx:04172] Re: Timestamps always show GMT with non-admin-users

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Apr 2 09:09:23 -05 2010

Hi Michael,

> Make sure /etc/localtime is a symlink to your correct timezone. For me it
> looks like:
> localtime -> ../usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Pacific

A cced restart will usually always make sure that /etc/localtime is turned
into a symlink that points to the timezone you have configured in the GUI. We
had to do this after that hilarious spam of "tzdata" updates that happened
since sometime last year. There is almost a new "tzdata" RPM out every couple
of weeks. If left unattended each upgrade of "tzdata" would always reset the
system time to US Eastern upon upgrades.