[BlueOnyx:04208] Re: Last night's yum update

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Apr 10 11:48:31 -05 2010

Hi Darrell,

> This occurred once from
> /usr/sausalito/handlers/base/swupdate/yum-update.sh:
>
> PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'PEAR.php'
> (include_path='/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/pear/pearcmd.php on line 63
> PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'PEAR.php'
> (include_path='/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/pear/pearcmd.php on line 63
> PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'PEAR.php'
> (include_path='/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/pear/pearcmd.php on line 63
> PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'PEAR.php'
> (include_path='/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/pear/pearcmd.php on line 63

That's a weird one and took a moment to figure out. Last nights updates
installed an RPM that depends on RPMs out of the CentOS "extra" YUM
repository. Typically YUM should install these dependencies by itself, but
apparently some BlueOnyx installs don't have the CentOS "extra" YUM repository
enabled, while some do. My boxes included. About half of them have it enabled,
half have it disabled and I didn't manually turn them on as far as I can
remember.

To help to sort that out I moved a copy of the needed RPMs from the CentOS
"extra" YUM repository to the regular BlueOnyx YUM repository. These RPMs are:

php-pear-Auth-SASL
php-pear-Mail
php-pear-Net-SMTP
php-pear-Net-Socket

> and:
>
> This occurs every 15 minutes from /usr/sbin/swatch -c /etc/swatch.conf:
>
> cat: /proc/user_beancounters: No such file or directory
> /usr/sausalito/swatch/bin/am_network.sh: line 66: [: -gt: unary operator
> expected

Yeah, I just published a fix for that as well.

To fix your server, run "yum clean all; yum update" and it should install the
above listed RPMs as well as an updated base-network-am.