[BlueOnyx:04217] Re: YUM Updates 2010-04-10

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Apr 10 17:46:41 -05 2010

Hi Jeff,

> High praises from me for working in Z-push!!! However, my iPhone
> (software version 3.1.3) can not fetch mail using Exchange... I get
> the folder list, which is complete, and I can send mail fine.
>
> When opening the Inbox I get an error:
>
> Cannot Get Mail
> The Connection to the server failed.
>
> I don't get anything out of the ordinary in maillog other than a
> string of imap logins when checking for mail to tell me why the
> connection failed. I'm using the standard self-signed cert which I
> accepted on the iPhone when setting up the new mail account.
>
> Any ideas? I would love to get this working!

You can *send* email, but when accessing the inbox it buggers out? Ok, then
I'd assume that your connection details are correct so far.

I had something similar today as well. In my case it was a malformed message
in the inbox. I logged in by Squirrelmail, deleted the message and then it
worked.

So it may be worth a try to move all messages from the inbox to a different
folder. Or at least start with the HTML messages, as they are the most likely
culprits.

As a work around I have now configured the same mailbox twice in my iPhone:

Once using IMAP, once using Exchange and ActiveSync.

Typically I have the IMAP mailbox disabled and use the Exchange one, but if
need be I can swap around, login by IMAP and clean up my inbox to remove
malformed messages that Z-Push buggers out on.