[BlueOnyx:04254] Re: cgi-bin error: access control - points to GUI error

Jim Dory jdory at nomealaska.org
Wed Apr 14 15:05:42 -05 2010

On 4/14/2010 9:18 AM, Jim Dory wrote:
> On 4/13/2010 5:08 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
>
>> Hi Jim,
>>

>>> Is there a better user I
>>> should use - like maybe make one up for the calendar that has regular
>>> non-admin rights? Or just leave it as me?
>>>

>> In order to be executeable scripts must be owned by a siteAdmin of that site.
>> Otherwise CGI-wrapper will not run them.
>>

> This then is my conundrum. The scripts had been running fine with
> site3admin, a site administrator, as the user. The script stopped
> working for a yet unknown reason. I chown'ed them to myself, also a site
> admin, and they work. Perhaps you should only have one site admin and
> that is what is now causing the problem? I created the site3admin so a
> few others could edit the website without using my credentials.
>
> thanks for replies!  jim

Ok - I turned myself off as an adminstrator in the GUI and hit save. But
the cgi script still runs fine with me as user. I didn't reboot the
server. I then chown'ed the files back to site3admin since it is now the
only site admin, and it wouldn't work. So I chowned 'em back to myself,
still not an admin, and will see if the script still works tomorrow (if
Centos restarts services at night). I would like to be able to figure
this out so I can get myself off those files for when we install a
content management system.   /thx - jd