[BlueOnyx:04283] Re: MySQL/phpmyadmin error

Greg Kuhnert greg.kuhnert at theanchoragesylvania.com
Sat Apr 17 23:43:47 -05 2010

On 18/04/2010 4:58 AM, Don Teague wrote:
> Okay,
>
> I've tried to figure this one out, but I'm not having any luck.
>
> [root at bx2 ~]# mysql -u root -p
> Enter password:
> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
> Your MySQL connection id is 59
> Server version: 5.0.77 Source distribution
>
> Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.
>
> -- As we can see, the root password (in the blank spot, obviously) is
> working just fine. I'm putting it in each time the command line asks
> for it.
>
> However, from the GUI, with the same user (root) password (not shown)
> and port #, I'm told that "MySQL connection cannot be established.
> Check settings."

I have seen something like this once before recently. In the other case,
BX got out of sync with mysql after a mysql database restore. To check
the details in the BX database, follow the steps below:

Step 1. Login to CCE
/usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient

Step 2: Find the system object - "find system"
100 CSCP/0.80
200 READY
find System
104 OBJECT 3
201 OK

In the line above we got the object # 3 for the system object.

Step 3: Now - lets get mysql settings. The get command below will need
to have the same object number you found above for the system object.

get 3.mysql
102 DATA NAMESPACE = "mysql"
102 DATA oldpass = "myoldpassword"
102 DATA username = "root"
102 DATA dump = ""
102 DATA CLASSVER = "1.2"
102 DATA delete = ""
102 DATA newpass = "mynewpassword"
102 DATA mysqluser = "root"
102 DATA onoff = "1260254639"
102 DATA password = ""
102 DATA dumpsize = "- n/a -"
102 DATA changepass = "1267708176"
102 DATA dumpdate = "- n/a -"
102 DATA enabled = "1"
201 OK
bye
202 GOODBYE

Step 4: Try to connect to mysql with the settings found in the database
above. Use the username found in the mysqluser field, and try using the
password found in "newpass". If it works, I am puzzled .... but if it
doesnt work, you've found your culprit. Just do a password change in the
gui, and all will be fixed.