[BlueOnyx:04316] Re: Fw: Re: MySQL/phpmyadmin error

pm pm at nm.tm
Mon Apr 19 11:07:23 -05 2010

Hi all
In ref to Don's problem, it might be worth while looking at why this
happened.  Don wasn't too sure.  This I understand as it can happen without
the user being aware of it,  until the no connection appears in the GUI.

I can explain in one case at least.

If your a cmcms user and its installed in the GUI, be careful.
If you put in root user and root password into the site settings and tick
the box to install, all goes well and site is installed with cmsms.

If at some point later, or your just testing, you untick the box, to
uninstall the cmsms.,  root user is deleted. No warning of this or anything
else. Not until you go back sometime and notice the no connection error
message, or you notice phpmyadmin doesn't work.

Other examples would be useful to know.

A safeguard against this would be to set up another user with full root
rights in mysql. to use when needed.

regards
Peter