[BlueOnyx:04332] Re: Damn GoDaddy certs again... how to import 2048-bit

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Thu Apr 22 17:32:08 -05 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Ferdinand Pelayo

     Hi.  I just joined this ML just to solve this problem for our client.

     I've generated the 2048-bit key for the v-site from SSH shell, got the
2048-bit cert and the GoDaddy bundle which I already named ca-chain and put
into the v-site's certs folder.  Problem is when I try to import the cert
over the GUI, the browser just sits and waits for a response that never
happens.  Is it the fact that it's 2048-bit while the default setting in
openssl.cnf is 1024?

     I'd like to try manually adding the SSL directives, but I don't know
where to put them.  I've tried making test sites with self-signed certs just
to see what Apache config files get modded with the SSL info, but I don't
see any change in httpd.conf, ssl.conf, or the files in
/etc/httpd/conf/vhosts.  Could anyone help with this idea? (I'm not a
natural at Apache, so please let me know which directives would need to go
under the Virtual Host 443 tag for a BO site configuration)  Thanks in
advance.

Ferdinand

Here is some info on that:
http://www.mail-archive.com/blueonyx@blueonyx.it/msg00755.html