[BlueOnyx:05973] safe_mode

User Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Thu Dec 2 01:37:33 -05 2010

I am having a problem with the ImageMagick convert program when it's called
from a php script: The error message is:

PHP Warning:  exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/.sites/70/site4/web/......

I did a bit of searching and the finger points at the safe_mode flag in
php.ini.

Now I have the mod_php-v5.2.10 package from Solarspeed installed, and I checked that
the safe_mode = Off is set in /home/solarspeed/php/share/zend/etc/php.ini
but when I do a phpinfo() call it says in the Local Value column that
safe_mode is On but in the Master Value column it says safe_mode is Off.

Any clues as to what might be happening?

- Ernie.