[BlueOnyx:06039] Quota discrepancy

Rod Morgan rmorgan at portmorgan.com
Mon Dec 6 10:05:16 -05 2010

I've noticed an odd discrepancy in the disk usage GUI for some sites on
my BX server.  Full disclosure: the sites on this server have been
migrated at least 3 times using the cmu tools
(Cobalt->BlueQuartz->BlueOnyx->BlueOnyx on VM).  The GUI shows the
'Usage Logs" as not using any disk space although a simple 'ls -lh' of a
site's log directory shows multiple megabytes.  In the example below I
see the log directory owner is SITE5-logs, but the group is site4. The
actual log files share the same mismatched owner/group.  I think this is
the problem.  On a recently created vsite, the 'Usage Logs' usage show
correct values.  If my supposition is correct, how do I fix this?

[root at hood admin]# ls -l /home/sites/www.weskefamily.com/
total 32
drwxr-xr-x  2 apache     site4  4096 Dec  6 05:05 awstats
drwxr-s---  2 nobody     site4  4096 Aug  7  2002 certs
drwxr-xr-x  3 SITE5-logs site4  4096 Feb 16  2010 logs
drwxrwsr-x  2 nobody     site4  4096 Nov 29 16:33 users
drwxrwsr-x 34 nobody     site4  4096 Dec  4 08:46 web
drwxr-xr-x  2 apache     site4 12288 Dec  1 04:12 webalizer

Rod Morgan